From:
Jodi Smart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:55:37 -0500
Hi all,
I am coming out of lurking hibernation to ask a question to the most
knowledgeable people that I know. I continue to be so impressed by the
information and caring qualities of all on this list.
It has been about a year since I have posted so I will do a quick
re-introduction. I am a RN, IBCLC. I started my LC career in a hospital
setting and last July I transferred to a free-standing birth center as a
nurse, childbirth educator and LC. It has been a wonderful experience.
The birth center is staffed with CNM's that are great. We do have some
breastfeeding challenges to overcome but everyone is at least willing to
listen and learn knew information. I feel very lucky.
Now my question. I had a client call me today and ask about taking
Herbalife products for weight loss while breastfeeding. She is
breastfeeding a 9-10 month old infant. She did not have any specifics
about what is in these products. I went to there website to see what
info I could find. It looks like they are mostly herbal, protein,
mineral products but it really didn't give me a breakdown as to what was
in each product. Does anyone know of these products and their safety
with breastfeeding. I did stress exercise and making healthy food
choices. (Easy for me to say , Hard for me to do!!) She said that she
has been trying hard but in the past this program has worked well for
her and she feels great while using these products. She said that she
has gained weight while breastfeeding and this is really bothering her.
Any information that you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Jodi Smart RN, IBCLC
Port St. Lucie, Florida