From:
Diane DiCarlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 22:26:02 EST
Purely anecdotal here but...

I had my second baby a month before I turned 40, my third at 42.  Neither had
any problems gaining adequate weight, tho both have my tall, slim body type.
There've also been a number of mothers attending local LLL meetings who are
40-ish or older, none of whom have had problems nursing their babies (usually
first or second babies)

The age of the mother at conception and delivery doesn't seem to have any
effect on breastfeeding that I can tell. All of these babies That I've met
were naturally conceived tho.  I do have to wonder about all the fertility
technologies that are allowing women to conceive who might not have been
naturally able to do so.......  It's easy to wonder if there's a link there.

Anybody know of any studies on this?  I haven't seen any, but would be really
interested in finding out if any study has been done.

Diane DiCarlo