From:
Sharon Coe IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 05:49:45 -0400
Hi everyone,

I've had two requests recently on finding non-prescription galactagogues.  I
have told them about fenugreek tea and brewer's yeast.  How much of each do
you
suggest they take?  Any others?  Anyone have any experience with commercially
prepared herbal teas for increasing milk supply?

Also one mom has asked if there any foods that are galactagogues.
 Interesting request I thought but said I'ld ask.

The one mom had not planned on breastfeeding but has a 10 day old Downs
syndrome who just had heart surgery and wants tp give him EBM.  She doesn't
want to direct breastfeed (too animalistic).  Did pump 40cc at her first
session.  So if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

TIA
Sharon Coe LVN IBCLC