From:
Heleen en Harmen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 11:55:18 +0200
On 27 May 2005 at 11:32, Elise M. Chapin wrote:

> I am working with a client who is Dutch and who has found a Dutch book
> that she really likes about "regularity and wrapping your baby" <snip> It is apparently
> very popular in the Netherlands, but since I can't read it, I have
> very little idea of what it's about.
>
> Has anyone read it?  Any opinions? She has great hopes that it will
> solve her difficulties with her 2nd child.

I haven't read it, but I positively hate the feedback that I get from
parents about it (they are very happy though). It is about swaddling.
The title translates into 'Order and swaddling. prevention and curing
of crying and unsettledness'.

I'll give you a quick translation of the information on the site you
gave:
'A valuable book with practical advise to prevent ánd cure
unstettledness, too much crying and little sleep in young children.
It is not only aimed at parents and carers, but also at anyone who
professionally deals with children. Based on years of experience as
self-employed family nurse Ria Blom gives her insights and methods
that lead to a quic result that stop the spiral of unsettledness. The
basis of rearing, as the author describes it, is predictable order in
the day pattern and clearness - a blessing for any child. "love
without boundaries' will in many cases be changed into 'loving
boundary's and a  'more of less' pattern. Apart from predictable
order some children need firm boundaries by swaddling, to stop the
unvoluntary movement of arms and legs. Only then does sleep get a
change. This way the quality of eating, playing and sleeping ofthen
changes within a day."

I guess Gonneke will give you her views on this book, too...
--
Heleen Hayes
www.xs4all.nl/~hhayes