From:
Lynn Milam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:35:58 -0400
Help please wise Lactnet friends
I have permission to post because it's about me.  I have noted an area of
tenderness near areola on under side of breast for about the last two
weeks.  The length of area changes but is approximately 1 1/2 inches long.
Upon palpation, it feels like a imflamed blood vessel.  I am currently
nursing a 28 month old.  This also happen once previously about a year
ago.  I asked some LC friends to look at area to see what they thought.
(Because it is on underside of breast, it is difficult for me to view.)
They did not know what it was but also felt it was a blood vessel.  I don't
remember how long it lasted last time but am curious what it is, what might
cause it to occur and (most importantly!) how to cure because it is quite
tender.  I nursed my 13 yo for 27 months and never experienced this problem
nor have I ever had a patient with this problem.  Has any experienced or
worked with a patient with this problem and any suggestions or comments.
May email privately or post to listserv if feel beneficial to others.
Thanks in advance.

Lynn Milam - mother of two, RN-CNS, Lactation Educator