From:
Sam Doak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:26:24 -0500
Manufacturing processes have changed in the past 10 or so years, and there
is admittance that there "used to be a concern" about botulism, but now the
party line is that "no cases of botulism have been attributed to Karo
syrup," while they do not recommend use for this purpose.

My feeling is, until we can absolutely absolve Karo in the botulism issue,
it would be a stretch to recommend something to a parent which could come
back to haunt us. Isn't that why we don't recommend a particular formula?
What if it is recalled (metal shards, Enterobacter sakazakii, botulism...)

In a case like this, I would recommend re-lactation, and if the mother were
against my thinking, I would refer her to her paed or doc, and let him/her
take the repercussions.

Best wishes,
Sam Doak

Are you sure?  I thought that was honey.

Sharon Knorr