From:
MARGARET HAUSSMANN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 10:22:39 EST
After a very respectable period of lurking (and learning), I would
like to introduce myself.  I got my start as a zealot after my son
was born by being connected to a local nursing mothers' group in
Philadelphia (to which I am still connected).  After receiving
wonderful support from a lay BF counselor,  I took their training
program to become a volunteer BF counselor.  Several years later, I
studied for the IBCLC exam along with fellow Lactnetter Georgette
Bartell.  I started out slowly seeing patients privately, but the
numbers have gradually increased (it pays to hang in there - well it
doesn't pay a lot!).  I am also a pump station for M________.  I am
IBCLC, MSW, RN, and MPA (Master of Public Administration) - not
necessarily in that order.  I have a particular interest in the link
between BF and lower rates of child abuse.

I have two beautiful children, Robert, who is 11 yrs, (bf 2 yrs) and
Caroline, 9 yrs and old enough to dispute how long she bf.
My husband, Mark, is very supportive of BF (he latched Robert on in
the recovery room while I was still zonked from my unexpected C-sect -
 I didn't know it until I looked down).

I would like to thank Lactnetters for being there and sharing.  It is
wonderful.

Peg Haussmann, Flourtown, PA (just north of Philadelphia, City of
Brotherly and Sisterly Love and SNOW - with more coming)