From:
James O'Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:09:44 -0400
For those of you who read the actual study in the Journal of Pediatrics,
were SIDS death classified as co-sleeping deaths if the last sleep was
shared only in part with the parents?
i.e. if the parent left the bed and the baby was left alone and was
later found dead, was this classified as a co-sleeping death?
Is this a semantical problem we are having?
To me bed-sharing is not the same as co-sleeping...
The one thing I noticed from the Drago and Danneburg and Nakamura stuff
from a few years back
  leaving an infant ALONE is risky whether it be in a crib or adult
bed...
It seems to me that study design, and ways of classifying deaths are
always flawed when the researcher himself comes from a crib-sleeping
culture...

Jen O'Quinn IBCLC