From:
Jean Ridler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:34:23 +0200
Hi Toni

On a personal note, my first child did exactly as you describe.  Despite
his huge daily vomit he had a double chin by 7 weeks.   Because of his
great weight gain I did not worry - the vomiting was just an
inconvenience - especially when out!  I learned to take an extra T-shirt
for myself and a complete change of clothing for him.  He eventually
restricted himself to one breast per feed and the vomiting stopped!  21
years ago!

It is difficult to reassure a new mother that this is just a laundry
problem.  Point out the good weight gain and suggest one breast per feed
and minimal handling afterwards.  Good luck.

Jean Ridler  RN RM IBCLC
Cape Town, South Africa
mailto:[log in to unmask]