From:
Brenda Phipps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:19:43 -0700
Debi,

I, too, run the Breastfeeding Center at Flagstaff Medical Center (all by myself!). We just added a whole women and Infant's Center at our hospital, and they designed it with a special office just for the BFC!

We (I) rent, sell pumps, provide education, and have inpatient as well as outpatient counseling.

My BFC is supported by the OB unit of my hospital, but there is a grant called the CATCH grant, sponsored by the AAP,  which is for the sole purpose of starting up a preventitive health care program which addresses the needs of children in the community. You may check into that by e-mailing Carol Pandak, CATCH manager, at [log in to unmask]

Good luck!

Brenda Phipps, BS, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Center
Flagstaff Medical Center