Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:58:19 EDT
    I wish I had a nickle for every mother who returns a pump early to me and
says" it just didn't work out" "he was hungry ALL THE TIME" "I had to
supplement him because he was hungry ALL THE TIME."  Women in our country
just don't want to view frequent feeding as normal.  If women could just get
it in their minds that frequent feeding in the early months of life is
normal, things would go so much better.  I have taken to teaching in my class
just that fact.  I tell moms and dads that if their baby is pooping, peeing
and growing, then they are doing everything right.  throw THE CLOCK OUT THE
WINDOW. Watch the baby.

     I own a breasstfeeding shop here and kept my last baby with me untill
her 1st birthday.  I can't tell you how many moms wanted to know how often I
fed her. How many times a day I fed her. I was asked this at least 3 times a
day for a year.  I would answer "I have no idea, whatever it takes, she asks
and i feed her."  I truly believe women make this harder than it is.

Jessica Donahue