From:
Kim Fera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:50:57 -0500
Hello all,
I am de-lurking to pose a question to you all from a colleague of mine.  We
are both registered midwives in Ontario, Canada. We have the mother's
permission to post, and I am posting on behalf of this woman's midwife (she
is familiar with LactNet but computer-leery!).  This  is what I have been
asked to post:  "Does anyone have experience working with a woman, planning
to breastfeed, who has had difficulty with negative physical sensations
early on in her sexual experience?  She stresses that the feelings were not
painful but were negative, that is non-pleasurable.  These sensations have
recently resurfaced during the pregnancy.  She is concerned that they may
surface during breastfeeding and is worried they may adversely affect her
ability/desire to put the baby to or keep the baby at the breast.  Any
advice about how to help her prepare for breastfeeding and how to cope
should these situations continue after the pregnancy would be welcome."
Thank you for reading this -- I have learned so much over the years from
reading Lactnet.
Thank you,
Kim Fera
RM in Ottawa, Canada