From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:30:04 -0700
I mailed the person on ebay who was hoping to auction
off 25 unlimited email consults and questioned her
ability to effectively provide adequate service.  I
pointed out to her that mailing lists were full of
women who can offer breastfeeding suggestions but the
ethical thing for us to do is in all cases to suggest
that the mother see a qualified consultant in person.
Her reaction was angry and venonmous, and she
misunderstood my point; she believed that I was
objecting to "lactation professionals" making *money*!
  then she informed me that if I contacted her again
she would file harassment charges.

so, is her heart in the right place?  I don't know.  I
think if someone is overly defensive, I might doubt
her motives.  I also don't see $9.95 as "making money
to put food on the table" as she said she was doing,
since it would be so ridiculous to expect to be able
to give much for that low figure.  I personally have
probably already spent $10 of my time reading the
auction site, reading the IBCLE Code of Ethics,
mailing her, and mailing you all about it.  :-P

kate, who doesn't charge, but will when she can.