Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:23:40 EST
I would just like to quickly follow up on our discussions regarding advocacy
and organizing. As one way to contribute to an organizing effort, NABA would
like to update its database of breastfeeding task forces and coalitions. We
have a number of state, regional, county, and local breastfeeding task forces and
coalitions listed in our searchable database, but I noticed that many did not
have their e-mail contacts address and some of the information is old or
outdated. As the US Breastfeeding Committee has made it a priority to facilitate
better networking and a more organized approach to breastfeeding protection and
support, NABA has taken on the responsibility of collecting the information
of what is out there!

Please help us ORGANIZE and inform NABA of as many breastfeeding task forces
and coalitions as possible, even if you think you are already listed. You can
check our database at www.naba-breastfeeding.org if you are uncertain or wish
to check the accuracy of your information. If you have not provided us with an
e-mail address, please do so. Otherwise, would all task forces and coalitions
send me their name, the name and address of the contact person, and phone
fax, and especially the e-mail of the contact person so that NABA and the USBC
can begin our networking efforts.

Thanks so much everyone.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC