From:
Pascoes in Dubai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:58:43 +0400
Our telephone breastfeeding support group offers info that is
"non-medical" in nature. I am struggling with situations about general
treatment regimes for thrush or mastitis when it is clear that a mother
is being very inadequately treated.for example only prescribed a gel for
the baby's mouth and nothing for the nipples. I think we have a duty to
educate the mother about the importance of both being treated as well as
other general ideas for management, but are we strolling out of the
realm of our "non-medical" service?  Recently I emailed a mum Jack
Newman's protocol and suggested she could take it along to her doctor as
an example if she felt the thrust wasn't responding well to the current
regime.but again am I outside my scope? What do you all do? What do you
think? Many thanks.

Meg Kingsley

Lay Breastfeeding Supporter, Dubai UAE

E-Mail :  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]