From:
Marianne Vanderveen-Kolkena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2010 20:35:41 +0200
Dear all,

Of course  agree with all this. If I didn't, I wouldn't be spending such an
enormous amount of time on the issue. ;o)
What I really need, is studies that confirm this. Noone needs to convince
me; to me, this is alle very clear.
I need data, as clear-cut as possible, to show those who *don't* understand,
what closeness means to a baby.
I need data that show what closeness and responsivity do for the baby's
vital functions, for homeostasis, for brain development, for attachment.
I already e-mailed Nils B., of course, but anything from different sources
would also be welcome.
Anyone who already has Robin Grille's first book, 'Parenting for a peaceful
world'...?
I'm eagerly awaiting 'Heart to heart parenting', after hearing his
presentation on GOLD this year.
Anything compelling you have available... indulge me! :o))
I don't need to be convinced; I'm in the choir already, hoping to make
others sing along, those in power of influencing national policies big time.
I'm dealing the 'baby's-rights-are-human-rights'-card already and hope I can
prove those wrong who merely think of the convenience of a quiet child.
Nice image, Winnie, that the baby doesn't cry in utero... Is it true, by the
way, or is it only impossible for them to make sounds with it at that
stage...?
Now that you've said this, I seem to remember a story about children making
really sad faces while still in the womb...

Anyway, I will keep looking forward to messages from those who can pull
valuable stuff from somewhere.
Thanks for the suggestions given so far; I will check them out! ;-)

Bye,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, Netherlands