From:
Carrie Finger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:54:46 -0500
"I do remember there was an excellent article in JHL, I think possibly in
spring '99 on the process that has actually helped some mothers work
through their grief by donating to a milk bank for a while."

I believe you are referring to this article: Donating Human Milk as Part of
the Grieving Process, M.R. Tully  JHL 15(2) 1999

We include this excellent article in our package of handouts for parents
who have suffered a loss, and read it aloud annually at our Grieving/Loss
In-Service with our staff.

We had a mother recently who lost her exclusively BF one month old to SIDS.
She pumped and donated her milk to a friend for a brief time. Her family
donated a new Lactina to our hospital as a loaner for other mothers, in
honor of her daughter, Abigail. We call this pump Abby.

Carrie Finger, IBCLC
Mtns. of NC, where Spring has arrived!