From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:11:35 +0200
Dear Yael and Lactnetters
I am devastated that you Yael were told that you could not recertify with us
because requirements had changed.  As founder of the Israel Childbirth
Education Centre, I would like to know who gave you such incorrect
information and to invite you to contact me if you need any help.
Because of recognition issues with our Ministry of Health, only IBCLC
counsellors can tutor our breastfeeding courses now, but this does not
disqualify counsellors trained by other recognised organizations.  Our
organization welcomes multi-disciplinary counsellors and if somebody was
trained and lapsed for some time we need you to come back. I personally was
trained by the National Childbirth Trust of the UK and consider that their
in-depth focus on counselling skills and the art of listening as well as the
technical information is as good as if not better than any other system or
organization I have experienced internationally.  NCT does not train by
remote control and one cannot get an NCT certification by distance learning
and it was for this reason that we founded the Israeli sister organization
and started our own training programme so that we could continue the NCT
philosophy and principles here.
I have been in New York for three weeks visiting our kids and many of my
e-mails got deleted or were not sent because my server had some problems.  I
did get some Lacnet postings but if anyone sent me something personally and
did not get a reply, please try again.  And I will repeat a posting I sent
while I was away to inform Lactnetters that
we have our 25th birthday conference in conjunction with Shape of YMCA in
Jerusalem on November 7th.  Anyone who will be in Israel at that time is
welcome.
Details from [log in to unmask]
Wendy Blumfield
NCT BFC/Tutor Prenatal Teacher
Hon. President Israel Childbirth Education Centre