From:
jim wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 16:55:22 -0500
Hello, and thank you for the opportunity.  I learned about Lactnet at the
LLLI Conference las week in Chicago, those T-shirts do the job.  My name
is Jeanne Badman, I'm a La Leche League Leader here in St. Paul, MN, USA
for four years.  I feel inspired by the conference and fascinated by the
messages I have been reading on Lactnet.  My daughters are ages 5 and 2,
they were born by unplanned cesarean, breastfeeding has been very, very
good to us. "jwells" is my alias, using my spouse's address for the time
being.

Regarding Sue L. NZ and her mention of "healthy dissagreement" about the
existance of nipple confusion, I have met a mother who gave birth
at the Naval Hospital at Camp LeJeune, NC, USA in 1993.  At that time the
midwife (a man!) informed her that nipple confusion does not exist and in
his opinion was "made up" by LLLI.  I do not agree with this perspective,
and only post it here to remind us all about the many different attitudes
that we will find.  I don't know if this statement was hospital policy or
the view of one midwife.  Good luck finding out more on this controversy,
it interests me as well.  Cup feeding is the way to go.  So much talk of
bottles, lets just chuch them and go to cups for these inportant situations,
nipple confused or not.  Jeanne Badman, LLL St. Paul Como-Midway