Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:42:28 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
This came across my e-mail today. Is there anybody who cares to respond? I'm sure they don't want to hear what we have to say but someone, I guess in their minds a MD, is needed to change the slant of this story. I have pasted the information below. Please read the entire piece as at first this sounds positive.

I am a producer for ABC News and I am doing a segment on breast milk as a possible cure for adults with cancer and immune deficiency diseases. The results of a Swedish study in 1995 suggests that a mother's milk can kill cancer cells in a test tube. There are people in the US , only a handful whom we have spoken to who swear by the fact that they survived cancer because they drank human breast milk.
I am looking for a doctor who will debunk human breast milk as a cure for diseases and who will also say that using mother's breast milk for adults is robbing the 6 milk banks in the US of precious milk which should be reserved for children who's mother's for some reason can't supply their own milk to their infants. Some doctors also believe that milk banks generally are bad becasue you never know what kind of viruses exist in any given sample of milk.
Our show in this topic airs tomorrow at 1pm eastern time. Please contact me thru e-mail [log in to unmask] or feel free to call me at 212-456-3924. Best, Deirdre. 
Roger Sergel
Managing Editor
Medical Coverage
ABC News
175 Highland Avenue
Needham, MA 02494
781-455-6016
781-455-6037 (fax)
[log in to unmask] 

Lisa Enger RN BSN IBCLC
Boston, MA

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2