From:
Chuck Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:19:05 -0700
Hi all.  This is my first time posting.  I have enjoyed reading all you
have been doing the past few months.
I have a new mom.  Baby is 2 weeks old and breastfeeding has been going
well until last night.  the baby started projectile vomiting and has
vomited with each feed for about 20 hours.  Mom called the ped and the
receptionist told her to take the baby off the breast and give pedialyte
for 24 hours.  Fortunately this sounded strange to mom and she called me.
I told her to call the ped and speak directly to him as this is not normal
for a 2 week old to have projectile vomiting for so long.  My question is
this:  How early does pyloric stenosis begin?  Could this be what we are
dealing with?
Thanks for all the information out there.  It is wonderful to know you are
there!

Debra Knight, R.N., ICCE