From:
Diane Karnbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 14:43:54 -0500
Just had to share my opportunity to educate today.   My 9 year old daughter
and I were at her doctor's office for f/u of her ADD and to get a refill of
her Ritalin.  Sammy noticed a box of videos from R__ Lab__ with a sign
Please Take One.  Of course, Sammy (ever the zealot already!)  asked her why
they were there and informed her that they usually don't have the right
information in them because they are from the formula companies(!!!).  The
MD gave her a strange kind of look to which Sammy explained that her mom was
a LLLL and studying to be an LC.  Her doctor jumped on this and asked if I
could talk to her about re-lactation!  You bet I could!  The MD was very
appreciative, I was thrilled to share the information and I bought Sammy  a
salad (her favorite lunch) for giving me the opening!   Smart kid this one!

You never know when the chance to share information will come up!

By the way, all the booklets with misinformation that were there last time
were gone this time.

Diane Karnbach, LLLL
Virginia Beach, Va