Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:59:48 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/2003 4:44:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Re: Nursing post-adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy &ear tubes

Hi,
I usually lurk, not post, but I thought I would share a funny story about my
experience with nursing post ear-tubes.  My daughter, then about 14 months,
had to have ear tubes put in.  After the surgery, we went to the room and the
nurse arrived with a bottle of juice.  I told her that I would be nursing
Courtney when she was ready.  The nurse said" Well, you can't leave the
hospital until she drinks the juice so we know she is getting hydrated"  We
don't want her nursing, it puts pressure on the ears".  My husband and I just
laughed and told her we didn't have any plans and maybe she could call down
and order us some lunch from the cafeteria!"  The nurse wasn't amused, and
left the room.  A few minutes later Courtney nursed, the doctor came in and
immediately discharged us!  So much for the juice!

Barb Cavanaugh RN, BSN, IBCLC2B (2003)