From:
Jan Yberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 23:05:21 EDT
Dear Pam and all

Having recently spent several weeks "swimming upstream" I find that I had to
step back, take a deep breath, and remember the "hundredth monkey" principle.
People (administrators, pediatricians, staff nurses, you-name-it) are
resistant for many known and unknown reasons.  And you probably ARE'N'T going
to convince them to read some breastfeeding research if they aren't motivated
enough to have read it already (or believe it already).  But I plan to just
continue to be a "broken record", asking the same questions again and again
about why a 2 day old term infant would need to be receiving supplements, why
blah-blah-blah until the logic (or irritation) hits the "hundredth monkey" and
folks start to pay attention to the messages that are ALL AROUND..  maybe by
World Breastfeeding Week? (ha)

So, keep on keepin' on...trust in the hundredth monkey, leave your written
research all over the place, speak the truth over and over....it's gonna
happen one day!

Jan Yarberry, RNC, IBCLC

"It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys"