From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:12:00 +0300
The antibiotics may have left a residue even after a couple of weeks, affecting the taste of the milk.
But check that mum did not also have dental treatment in that time.  I have had more than one experience of this: mums cannot understand why baby suddenly refuses her milk after weeks after good breastfeeding and when we eliminate all the possibilities mentioned, we found that the taste was changed for as much as 48 hours after having local anaesthetic at the dentist.  So it could be a combination.
Wendy Blumfield
Tutor ANT/BFC NCT
Israel Childbirth Education Centre