From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:57:06 +0000
There is one Dutch parents web site in the Netherlands
http://www.ouders.nl. As usual, the bf info on it is pretty bad. The
pediatricians give answers to small medical questions, and unfortunately
also to questions about breastfeeding. I've tried a few times to correct
them, but they don't listen to me. I'm no docter, only a breastfeeding
lunatic.

I was wondering is some of you could respond to the following and also
suggest them to add a breastfeeding section done by an IBCLC?

I translate:

<<<
Question:
Allergic to yoghurt

My 7mo son shows an allergic reaction on yoghurt (rash in his face,
snotty nose for 2 hours immediately after giving him yoghurt). Does that
means my son is allergic to cow's milk? I breastfeed my child and drink
milk myself.
PS he cries a lot from his birth till now.

Answer: This reaction could very possible be caused by a cow's milk
protein allergy. The crying could be a sign of it to. Even in human milk
there are traces of cow's milk proteins, that can cause an allergic
reaction. Advice: contact you family docter to get a prescription of a
hypoallergenic formula. And give that your baby for a couple of days. In
the meanwhile pump your milk. If he is doing beter, than probably your
son has an allergy for cow's protein.

Hankje Escher & Edward Nieuwenhuis

Could someone please respond to this? You can assume they understand
English.

the emailaddress is [log in to unmask]

thanks!!

Annelies Bon               http://www.flnet.nl/~0bon01/bfbronnen.html
mother of Dirk 6yo, Tom 4yo, Pieter 20mo
mailto:[log in to unmask]
bf counsellor in training of the Dutch bf org "Borstvoeding Natuurlijk"