Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:50:01 -0700
LOL.  I showed my daughter a similar product a few months ago, as she was
sitting at my computer nursing her second child, and she said, "Why don't
we just buy a big flashing neon sign that says, 'Hey, I'm BREASTfeeding
over here!  Everybody look at MEEEEEE!'"  I agree... products like this
just draw attention to the fact that the mother is doing something under
there... and perpetuate the idea that breastfeeding is shameful and should
be hidden.  Yuck.

Cee

 On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Susan Lawrence wrote:

> When I looked at these, I couldn't help laughing.  If being discreet
> is the issue, these seem like an announcement. Or might make the
> casual observer wonder just what is she doing under there(?!) since no
> one, including the mom, can see any part of the baby.
> On the other hand, you could save it and use if for home haircuts when
> the kid gets bigger...
> And no, I've never seen anyone using it.
> Susan
> <I could not help but feel that this looks like a straight jacket for  nursing
> moms.  Does anyone out there know a mother that uses these?   It is
> supposedly an IParenting Hot Item Award Winner.
>
> _http://www.nuangel.com_ (http://www.nuangel.com)

> LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
> mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:

"Those of you who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those of us who
are doing it."  -- Chinese proverb