From:
"Glass, Marsha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:33:52 -0500
It sounds very much like an allergy is causing this child's discomfort.  I can't remember if you say mom completely eliminated dairy from her diet, but of course that is usually the first suspect.  Personal story: my 17 yr old DD, who was extremely allergic to dairy in infancy (couldn't tolerate any
form of it in my diet) spent 2 months crying and nursing and squirming until we figured it out and I eliminated all dairy.  She had lots of gas, didn't grow well and we slept in a rocker/recliner so that I could keep her moving whenever she started squirming at night, which was often.  She even
slept in a swing at night sometimes when I got desperate for 20 minutes of uninterrupted sleep (that's how long the swing wound up for) because the movement was soothing to her.  She was a miserable little girl with her symptoms starting when she was one week old, when her nose would "swell shut"
whenever we laid her down.  She couldn't breathe and she'd wake up crying.  She had to sleep in a more upright position.  The difference in that miserable little girl and the smiley, happy, peaceful child she became after all dairy was eliminated more than made up for all the pizzas and cheese I
missed for the next 9 months!  Sooooo, I'd still be thinking allergy to something or somethings is at least part of the picture of this child's current symptoms.  Good luck to her.
Marsha

Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined.