From:
Beth O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 18:34:07 EST
I know this is not very scientific, but I was raised on a farm and my dad
referred to this sort of thing as milk fever. I think sometimes cows can get
sick when their calves wean.. and other animals. (cats for instance I know of
for sure.)
on a side bar...
I am relieved to hear that Pamela's son wanted to nurse again when she got
back from a week long trip. (even though she did not!) I am going to Hawaii
later on this month for 8 nights and leaving my still nursing 3 or so times a
day 3 1/2 yr old home with her other siblings. I have been away from her for
4 nights this fall and we both did fine.. I was slightly engorged when I got
home but not much. She has cut back since then even, and often says my
nursies are empty. (they are not but the supply is much less) I am worried
she won't want it when I get home. This is a golden opportunity for us to
have the trip of a lifetime and we just did not want to pass it up.

Any ideas for either of us as we approach this trip will be appreciated.
anyone know if you can get cabbage in Hawaii just in case?? haha

Beth O'Donnell, IBCLC and LLL Leader