From:
Diana Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 02:17:36 -0500
I do hope that you share your results when you tabulate everything!
I breastfed my first daughter (now almost 24) for 35 months- she stopped
(with some encouragement-ie. distraction). She never seemed interested in
nursing after that. My second daughter(now almost 21)was born 3 weeks
later,she immediately latched on- the placenta shot out at the Doc, and she
had a transitional stool before I took her home at 4 hours of age- she
suckled for 2 hours-I had lovely blisters- but they didn't hurt.  I got
pregnant with my 3rd when my second was 15 months old, and continued to
breastfeed her, though when I got pregnant again I would limit her some-
creepy crawly again, and her eye teeth were pointed and sharp-my breasts
would be dragged over the points when she nursed- painful to my hormonally
sensitive nipples. She tandum nursed with my son until she was a bit over 31
months old, and occasionally after that like when she had to have stitches
when she was four- rather than let the ER Docs give her morphine, I just
lifted up my shirt and leaned over her- she know what to do and was very
still for the stitches-her eyes were like saucers.
I BF my son (now 18)for 51-52 months- never got pregnant again, so there was
no crawly feelings to make me want to limit it. Sorry this is so long- lots
of memories evoked-still get that tingly feeling in my breasts thinking
about those happy days!
Sincerely, Diana RN, IBCLC, LLLLeader in reserves, Mama