From:
Sharon Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2020 18:37:47 -0600
Hi Nancy,
Staph aureus, in particular, can cause clumps in milk and in this case, may
indicate a subclinical mastitis. A culture may, or may not, be diagnostic.
Subclinical infections may impact milk production and immune factors in the
milk, but it is not clear how this would affect the baby. It may differ
from dyad to dyad, depending on the degree of infection/inflammation.

Sharon Knorr, BSMT(ASCP), Breastfeeding USA counselor
Colorado, USA