From:
Linda Anderegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:35:51 -0500
Here's info on the screening of Ricki Lake's movie on home birth.

Linda Anderegg, BSN, RNC, IBCLC in Chicago

<<October 29, 2007

Dear Friends:

We are very excited to announce that "The Business of Being Born" will open
theatrically on January 9th in New York City at the IFC Film Center (323 6th
Avenue at Waverly). Special "Bring your Baby" matinees will be scheduled by
the theater! The New York opening will be followed by a release in Los
Angeles on January 18th at the Music Box theater on Wilshire Blvd. and in
San Francisco on January 25th. (The specific theater is still TBD.)

The film will be available to rent on Netflix in February 2008 (
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IuLNt0nhytUHx9wF_jJgHuK3uM3Pwt3_e6Jtnoj-e4hKEMtI
FqXK4n65yawcRZbK4MO7r108iZHVpa1l1xINIFk8ZCcuUIxcHWca_KQRPmdd7BYW4yfOoDy3hEsf
Z7BYzVeKOTHw5iZCdb0fJyM2sr11yXVVYD0Ahv3FtOOMVr-1RZgJ5FbOC5mCriSP1MvkPfwWWuuQ
pcCjXhoxBgGSXLE60Kwxow4XooOtg_TiJAI=> Click here to "Save" a copy to your
queue!), and the DVD will be sold in retail stores and on our website later
in the spring of 2008.

We are also starting to get attention internationally! Ricki and Abby are on
their way to Sydney Australia for a screening on November 3rd as part of the
Homebirth Australia conference (
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IuLNt0nhytW2Cve7WKwVttbiRniLUZhuPEroHqSj9LhZMR5p
Y3xIkw8vJ4ZaimTXZgPLFQo5-r_niztWklMLmlZ5AjyANmXz27TjfWn4IfETK5DPlE01Mw==>
rickilakedoco.net). Other grassroots screenings are being planned in other
parts of Australia as well as New Zealand, Scotland, The Netherlands, UK and
Ireland!

Our website is still in development and we hope for it soon to include more
excerpts, testimonials and blogs.  The film's trailer is up now for you to
watch so if you have not yet seen it, please
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001IuLNt0nhytVqgZvzUMJcDY40KMCzxOhIboRcXuyux8vpHAI_
gIfZaFysOIWaDTbt6LvW_0CNKU4SX8oZ4tXHLA5mp0cY0hWUEpD_pGc7Z8wuAuIqnFifJbis-K5Q
VQ_K2QjtrSII3d3b-WsgOwCNMQ==> click here to view.

More grassroots screenings are happening all over the United States and we
have been getting tremendous responses from people seeing the film. We love
hearing from you. Please pass on the word to people and check the listings
on the website to find a screening near you. Or if you don't see one being
planned in your area, let us know if you would like to host your own! It is
relatively easy, affordable and a great way for raising consciousness in
your community, funds for a non-profit and creating a press-worthy event.

Thank you all for your continued interest and support for the film. Like
you, we are hopeful it will make a real difference in the maternity care
system and expand birth options for women everywhere.

We will be in touch as more good things develop.

All the best,

Abby, Ricki & THE BOBB TEAM

P.S. Pick up the November issue of Vogue Magazine to read a wonderful birth
article by Daphne Beal, who had a homebirth with BOBB's Cara Muhlhahn!>>