From:
Sam Doak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:06:45 -0500
Sharon, was that the study that had exclusively breastfeeding mothers pump
and offer milk via bottle? Milk was rejected, some considered, because it
was not their "normal" way of feeding.

If a mom is having decreased supply after exercise, I would wonder about her
urine output as well. If she's got low urine output, sweating heavily, and
experiencing a decrease in supply, I would wonder about her water intake
during and after exercise. A lot of "weight lost" can be explained by fluid
loss.

Best wishes,
Sam Doak
Marietta OH

<<There was a study that concluded that lactic acid levels are elevated in
breastmilk after the mother exercises and that the baby may tend to reject
this milk. Subsequent studies have shown that lactic acid levels are
elevated only after very intense exercise (80-100% capacity) and there is no
elevation at 50-75% capacity.