Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:45:48 -0500
Jane,
The first thing to remember is that women have in vitro for many many
reasons. It could be for blocked tubes or male factor problems; neither of
which should impact mom's ability to breastfeed successfully. In vitro can
also be used for hormonal problems; that might impact later breastfeeding.
I think it would be helpful to know WHY moms had fertility treatments so we
can be better informed about whether the fertility problem is linked to the
breastfeeding problem.

Another thing to consider...did mom have treatment for preterm labor or pre
eclampsia? We have also talked on this list about many of the commonly used
meds affecting supply and/or the length of time for milk to appear.

Julie Lancaster  RN
Melbourne KY  (just across the river from Cincinnati OH)