From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 08:13:43 -0400
Kathleen,

Does that mean that if you are not a teenager you automatically eat a perfect
diet?  What DOES bf take out of people anyway?  If there is compromise to the
body in some way, what takes precedence, the mother or the baby?  We all know
that if there is a hemorrhage or something else catastrophic, the bm will
suffer so as to "conserve" for the mother.

Guess I have this picture built by others that there are only so many
nutrients to go around, and if they all go into the breastmilk, there won't
be any left for mom.  Is that what I am hearing?  And, what is a perfect
diet, anyway?  And how many of us are on one?  Does licorice count?

I wholeheartedly agree with your frustration about us having to prove
ourselves re breastmilk, and no one has to prove themselves about formula or
bottles, or pacifiers, or drugs during labor.  Think about the number of
physicians who will readily give Stadol during labor but not put a mom in a
tub, especially if her membranes are ruptured!!!

Jan