From:
Rhoda Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:57:17 -0800
I do not know anything more than what has been written by Pamela about the
research. However I would like to caution all of us to treat each other
with respect. Pamela, as those of us who have been on Lacnet for awhile
know, has clearly indicated her understanding of the ethics of this kind of
situation. My best quess...and that is ALL it is...a guess, is that this
research concerns the new work surrounding HIV transmission. I try to keep
up to date the current research concerning transmission times, full versus
partial breastfeeding, cultural concerns etc although I surely do not read
it all, but I would not be surprised to be making an accurate 'guess'.
Does this change the ethical concern, probably not. But it does mean this
is research being done for a 'reason' and not just intellectual curiousity.
With respect. Rhoda
Rhoda Taylor, B.A., IBCLC
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada