From:
Patti Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:59:47 -0600
So, now she is making up buttons for each of the staff that will have
the
saying as well as the hospital logo on it. The original has the name of
local homebirth service on it.  We plan on distributing them to staff
during WBW.  Hopefully, this will build enthusiasm amongst the staff.

What ideas are those of you who are hospital-based coming up with?
I'll be
meeting with our director of PR to see what the hospital can do to
promote
the week thruout the hospital, but am looking for some clever ideas.

Pam Hirsch, RN,BSN,CLC
Clinical Lead, Lactation Services
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
Barrington, IL  USA

We are doing several things in our community to celebrate WBW.

The Laramie County Breastfeeding Task Force, Wyoming Healthy Mothers
Healthy Babies, the Public Health Department and our hospital have
joined forces to throw a picnic in the park on August 7th to Celebrate
WBW with free lunch for the first 100 people, a walk, and crawling
contests for the babies.  We wrote a grant to Healthy Mothers Healthy
Babies for funds and to raise additional monies, we are offering a
"Dress Your Way Day" at our hospital, the Public Health Department and
the State Health Department.  For $5, anyone in the facility can buy a
badge that says "I support Breastfeeding" and they get to dress down at
work that day (this is a popular way to raise funds in our hospital and
at the health depts).  Our breastfeeding task force consists of about 6
core people that are doing the majority of the work for the picnic.
Mom's from various breastfeeding support groups in the community are
organizing the crawling contest.

Our hospital's PR department has written a press release for the
newspaper and we will be on radio all week, a live 3 minute TV spot
promoting breastfeeding on Tuesday morning of WBW as well as being the
featured Health Segment on our local TV news station on Thursday evening
5 and 10 news.

Our hospital is 180 beds and serves Cheyenne (pop. 60,000) as well as
the outlying rural areas.  If we can do it, anyone can!  Good luck!

Patti Gardner, CNM, MSN, IBCLC
Lactation Consultant
Maternal Child Services
United Medical Center
214 E. 23rd St.
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 307-633-7896
Fax: 307-633-7887

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly
disguised as impossible situations."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of
the
information. You may NOT use, disclose, copy or disseminate this
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the
sender by reply e-mail immediately.  Please destroy all copies of the
original message and all attachments. Your cooperation is greatly
appreciated.