Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:28:29 EDT
We have a term baby in our NICU who presented with a malrotation of the
bowel, had a repair and then due to complications, had a g tube inserted.
Mother is pumping and saving milk for the day when the milk can be fed
through the tube.  Everyone is concerned about future breastfeeding.  Has
anyone had any similar cases.  The Pediatrician has even mentioned to the
parents about probable speech therapy in the future because of the delay in
sucking. I checked the archives, but got no matches.

You can email me privately as I am no mail at present time.  Thanks for your
help.

Marsha Perryman, RN, IBCLC
Chicago area