From:
Michelle Meeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:10:38 -0500
That is just ludicrous! A: that insurance won't cover tham and B: that
parents are billed 125.00 for them!

The hospital near me sells the kits for 42.50 and the hospital I work at
sells them for 60.00. Babies R Us sells them for around 50.00 and
BabyCenter.Com sells them for 44.95. Parents should be informed they can go
out and get them cheaper so they can at least have some choice about what to
pay for them! I know its easy to just give the parent a kit right then and
there rather than have dad run out to the store, but I think most parents
would prefer to be informed that the choice to pay less is available.
Perhaps the hospital where you work should re-examine their patient pricing
on this product since so many patients end up paying for their own until
insurance companies get wise.

Michelle