From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:30:59 -0400
I could see being concerned about an exposure to HIV at some future point,
but not during the transfusion!  The message said they let her BF later. ??
 The theory is that if mom gets HIV from transfusion, a new infection will
be more easily transmitted to baby because of high viral load. But as
carefully as US blood supply is screened this is a reach.  Of course
medical rule #1 applies.  (Stop BF). (I hope you all realize I am saying
this sarcastically.)  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ