From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:51:30 +1000
Well I just had a suprising conversation about Domperidone with a drug
expert that someone from here put me onto in Australia.

Carole, he confirmed the data that you provided about the bioavailability
being low and the other info about being highly bound to plasm proteins.
However, he also found (much to his surprise- I might add) that there has
been a study that has found that absorption increases from 13% to 23% if
Domperidone is given 90 minutes after eating. He stated that this is the
opposite of what you would expect however, given that Domperidone is 1) not
absorbed well and 2) then plasma bound to a large degree- recommending that
women take it an hour or so after meals may well be the best advice to
maximise the effectiveness of the drug.

The reference for this is

Heykants et al 1981 On the pharmokinetics of Domperidone in animals and man.
European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmokinetics 6: 61-70

and the database he used to find this information is called Micromedics.

Karleen Gribble
Australia