From:
Jean Ridler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:19:39 +0200
Yes, we don’t really know if a breastfeeding class makes a difference.  We
would like to think that is does!

My class is similar to the one Nikki has outlined.  We need to connect to
the mother's right brain.  Setting the class agenda by asking open ended
questions as suggested by Nikki is based on good adult teaching principles.
It’s a good way to debunk many breastfeeding myths.

The most common reasons that women stop breastfeeding are "too little milk"
and sore nipples.  These issues usually come up when asking the questions
and are probably the ones to focus on.

Jean Ridler  RN  RM  IBCLC
Cape Town, South Africa