From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 06:33:54 -0600
Thanks to everyone who wrote complimenting me on my letter to TIME.  Please,
everyone else who has read the article and objected, please write too.  They
respond more to quantity of letters than content, as a bunch of letters may
convince them that a lot of readers noticed/objected.

Also, Martha Brower (Queen Martha) who used to be on LactNet, sent me a
piece from the Dayton newspaper about how co-sleeping was so dangerous, and
I forwarded it on to James McKenna and he wrote a beautifully eloquent
piece, and faxed it to them.  Now we wait and see if anyone sits up and
takes notice, and if any of these letters get published.

Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University