From:
J C Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 17:03:27 GMT
One of our Docs has started ordering this birth control shot before
discharge!  She is citing the info from the drug company that says it
does not interfere with milk supply.  Any one have any info on this to
share with her?  I have Jack Newmans info on the drop in progesterone
levels after delevery  that allows for the prolactin release.

When we asked what it would mean to the nursing couple if it did reduce
or inhibit milk supply?  She  responded "But it doesn't." end of
conversation, and the patient got the shot. We plan to do a close follow
up on this mother-

Jane in rainy, very colorful, N.H. USA

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]