From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:48:13 -0800
Found this post on the Celiac.com website  [brackets
mine]

Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes, F.W. Scott's Research: Smoking Gun
Evidence

This article was posted to the Celiac Listserv by Ashton Embry at:
[log in to unmask] in January, 1998: (partial quote)

      I became interested in the concept of a Paleolithic Diet in a
circuitous way which began with the diagnosis of my oldest son with
multiple sclerosis two and a half years ago.
      Dr. Fraser Scott has been studying the effect of diet on the
development of Type 1 Diabetes in BBdp rats for 20 years. He and
co-workers have demonstrated conclusively that Type 1 diabetes can be
generated by proteins derived from wheat, soy and [dairy]milk.
      So now I had found the smoking gun. Food proteins can indeed
induce
cell-mediated autoimmunity and not surprisingly the foods which supply
the
pathogenic proteins are those added to the human diet during the
Neolithic.
      I believe Dr. Scott’s work is of great significane for
understanding
the cause of autoimmune disease and strongly supports Eaton’s suggestion
the the diet of our ancestors [breastfeeding] is the best defence
against
the diseases of civilization.