Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:42:39 -0500
There is a lot in the archives, one of the best being a summary of
information from Pamela Morrison on December 5 1998.  But the post below
capsules the issue, I believe.

Date:         Wed, 11 Mar 1998 01:08:07 -0600
Sender:       Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Cathy Liles <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Rabies
I'm a little late on this post, but several years ago we had a mother
bitten by a rabid animal. Texas Department of Health Rabies Division
researched this for us and confirmed that rabies is not transmitted through
milk and the antidote is not contraindicated in breastfeeding and further is
not orally bioavailable if ingested- that is why a series of shots is given.
Please reassure this mother. Cathy Liles

Mailto:[log in to unmask]