Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:59:19 +0000
No idea of the time delay, Phyll, between US showings of CH and the one
they show very late at night here on the BBC.

But...what do you think? Is it *worth* making a huge protest, given that
our US lactnetters have reported (so far) only a small response in terms of
anxious clients? I wonder if there is a risk we draw too much attention to
the issue,  and make more people watch it,  and, more worryingly,  make
more people wonder if there is indeed an issue to be addressed about bf and
dehydration? CH is not part of the cultural furniture here - 'Casualty',
yes, or 'EastEnders', but not Chicago Hope.  UK viewers know lots of things
happen in CH and ER that just do not happen here - we are well-used to
thinking 'only in America'!

Also : there is no PR available for bf in the UK with the money to organise
a proper campaign of refutment, still less a video news release for showing
after the programme.

My instinct is to let it float by, unnoticed....apart from warning Baby
Friendly UK of course of their misrepresentation....at least UNICEF have
resources.

What do US lacnet people think?

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK