From:
Jody Lappin Molina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 13:59:34 -0800
Hello to everybody!  I have been on LACTNET for almost 2 years now, but this is my first post.

am working with a mother of an exclusively breastfed four month old
baby.  She and the baby's father are having custody issues, and the
father is asking for a minimum of six hours of time without the mother
present.  The mother has not been able to pump sufficiently to allow
the father to feed the baby a bottle, but the child is gaining weight
well and everything.  The mother would like me to write a letter on her
behalf stating the benefits of exclusive breastfeeding as well as the
importance of a four month old staying with his mother.

Does
anyone have a standard letter of this type that I could see or borrow
from? Maybe one with references? I would really like to help this
mother out.  Thank you so much in advance.

Jody Lappin

Jody Lappin, MD
Gordon & Nussbaum Pediatrics
901 Montana Avenue, Suite C