Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:37:08 -0800
On this week's radio program, "Best of Health," we will be discussing
the text of Barack Hussein Obama's inaugural speech and what it means
for our country's families and the well-being of our babies, present and
future. What changes do you expect to see, and what changes would you
like to see, in the families themselves? Please try to relate your
thoughts to the speech. I would like to focus on how families themselves
may change, as well as on how the community at large may change with
respect to families. Lactnetters from nations other than the U.S.A. are
very welcome to share their thoughts, also.

If you would like to participate, please download a copy of Obama's
speech (one site is
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/obama_inauguration/7840646.stm) and
read it ahead of time. You may also quote the other speakers, particularly:

• *Elizabeth Alexander:* A professor of African-American Studies and
English literature at Yale and the author of four books of poems. She is
America's fourth inaugural poet. She read an original poem at the
inauguration.

• *The Rev. Joseph E. Lowery:* A black Methodist civil rights leader. He
gave the benediction on Inauguration Day.

The studio call-in number is 530-265-9555. The time is 12:06 pm to 12:56
pm--in other words, during the noon hour, following top of the hour news
by the BBC--live, Pacific time. It will happen in your part of the world
at the same time, but your clock will look different, depending on your
own time zone. The site is www.kvmr.org.

Yours in hope for peaceful, beneficial and inclusive change,

Arly Helm, MS, IBCLC, Broadcaster, KVMR-FM 89.5 Nevada City, CA
Proud second generation American (United States)