From:
Anita Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:52:57 -0700
I am working with a mother who was an infertility patient, who not has 34 week twins (Weight 2.07 Kg and !.79 Kg.) Mom has large very inverted nipples, she has been pumping since day 3 with minimal success. Infants now 1.5 weeks old.
Here's what we are doing:
Mom is wearing shells ( with slight improvement)
She pumps 8+ times per day.
She attempts to breastfeed each infant (With SNS) 2+times per day (when she is at the hospital).
She pumps after they BF.
Babies open wide and attempt to latch but can only get their mouth around the nipple area ( actually the smaller one is better at the latch.)

Does anyone else have any suggestions? We would really appreciate your help.
TIA
Kim Sweet
Phoenix, AZ   USA